If you are just beginning to explore the world through the age-old method of hitchhiking, having graduated from the typical backyard trips you grew up taking, then the Teton Scout lends itself as a suitable backpack for those first hikes as you learn to push past your boundaries and ascend greater heights.
Without wanting to be too romantic about, I will proceed to explain why the TETON Scout 3400 is both a great backpack for beginners as well as everything a professional hiker would want for shorter, less strenuous hikes.
We will also look at any potential faults the backpack might have, though I will go on to say that the pros far outweigh the cons.
- To start off, we will have a look at the Sports Scout’s capacity. Hosting up to 55L, that’s 3400 cubic inches, it has a large enough volume capacity to host all a hiker needs for a few days time.
- Compared to what you generally find on the market, and considering the fact that we are looking at this backpack is suitable for beginner to mid-level hikers, that storage capacity comes off as pretty impressive.
- The internal volume capacity isn’t all the storage capacity needed, as any hiker should know, and all the different compartments and pockets make sure that it is easy to pull out whatever you need in the middle of a hike.
- A large front mesh pocket and bungee storage allow you to store any number of items without deducting from the internal volume capacity.
- Side pockets also allow you to store water bottles, which you can easily reach out to, or any other of the many snacks you will be needed during a hike.
- All this talk of maximum storage and extra capacities might make one worried about the integrity of the bag. Considering a potentially rough journey ahead, one wants assurances that it will outlast its first hikes, and even stick around when you have progressed to more advanced hiking.
- The material is thick and sturdy, and though it is not waterproof, it holds well. Various testimonies can affirm this, but perhaps the best is the company’s lifetime warranty, which is a mark of the confidence placed in the product.
- Comfort is a highly important factor to consider when buying a hiking backpack. There is nothing worse than constantly being reminded of how far you need to go to get a rest while simultaneously trying to appreciate the beauty around you.
- The Sports Scout takes care of this issue with a feature that allows one to adjust how it fits on your back depending on the size of your torso. This not only means that it is flexible for people of all sizes, but also of all ages, which is pretty handy when you consider that it is a great backpack for anyone starting seriously hiking.
- Padded straps mean you’re your shoulders don’t feel the weight carried. The backpack’s material also allows for maximized airflow, which only adds to the comfort factor.
- The Scout’s internal frame design is nothing to be overlooked, as it offers balance on tricky slopes, which is something beginner hikers would be interested in. It also provides rigidness to the structure which can only be a good thing.
- There are a couple of other features that make the Teton Sports Scout an attractive option, such as the large sleeping bag compartment, which is an addition that means you will not have to look for external additions for that purpose.
Here is a video introducing you to the cool features of the Scout 3400 Backpack:
Considerably large volume at 3400 cubic inches.
Comfortable design, and material.
Adjustable for different torso sizes.
A sufficient number of compartments and pockets for various uses.
Internal and external hood pockets.
The material is not waterproof though it does come with a free rain cover.
Tricky hydration pack location.
As stated from the get-go, the TETON Scout 3400 Backpack does not attempt to be everything a professional hiker needs, but it turns out to be more than good enough for beginner hikers or short hikes.
It offers all that is needed regarding storage space for that first starting off and then goes the extra mile to accommodate for just a little more space.
The many different pockets make sure what you have packed is also easier to reach.
Add these qualities to the comfort that it offers, the customization in accommodated different sizes, the high-quality material, and you have yourself a complete hiking backpack that will cater to more than just what you need.
In essence, it will also offer you many conveniences as a testimony to its worth.
As anyone hiker could tell you, it is the little things that count, and the Teton Sports Scout 3400 sums that up pretty well.