For the best hiking backpacks on the market that also suit your wallet, you can shop online or in a regular store. However, before buying, make sure that the rucksack that you intend to buy conforms to the following minimum standards and contains the features that you will need for your activities.
The backpack must complement your hiking trip and not be a burden. So, make your trip enjoyable, and have fun with the right backpack with you.
What Should You Look for When Buying a Backpack?
- Choose a backpack with the right volume needed for the trip that you have in mind. There are small-sized day packs to full-sized backpacks for various lengths of stay. The volume refers to the space that is available inside the backpack, calibrated in liters.
- Look for a rucksack that is lightweight, and that you can comfortably carry. The hiking gear that you bring must also be packed in such a way to make the backpack as comfortable as possible.
- Another very important consideration is the size of the bag that you choose. The best-suited backpack is of your torso length. Remember that torso length and height are different and are not always of the same proportion in every individual.
- Choose a backpack with the right hip belt, shoulder straps, load lifter straps, sternum straps, back panel, and frame components to provide the ideal suspension. These will help in distributing the load so that the entire weight does not fall on your shoulders and hip.
- You must also check the pockets and compartments in the backpack. An ideal pack must have a separate area for your sleeping bag and also have multiple pockets to accommodate all the items that you will be carrying.
Let’s examine 5 of the most popular brands of hiking backpacks that come under $100. Let’s hope this helps you make the right choice when you choose your next backpack.
High Sierra Appalachian 75 Backpack
- The High Sierra Appalachian Backpack comes in 1 size and 3 bright colors: black/silver, mercury/ash yellow, and true navy/royal.
- A capacity of 75 liters, with compartments for absolutely every piece of hiking gear that you need to carry.
- The rucksack is made of synthetic material (man-made).
- The main compartment opens at the top and is controlled by a drawstring closure. The top lid is adjustable.
- The aluminum frame is adjustable to fit the contour of your back. Your back is also kept comfortable and sweat-free with the molded foam back panel that has numerous airflow channels.
- The backpack has a dimension of 34” x 10.2” x 14.2” and a weight of only 5.3 pounds. It is ideal for both men and women.
ONEPACK 70L (65 + 5) Hiking Backpack
- The ONEPACK is a waterproof backpack that comes with a rain cover, and hence, is ideal for all sorts of outdoor activities like mountaineering, fishing, cycling, skiing, or camping.
- The backpack comes in an array of colors—9 in all.
- It has a capacity of 70 liters.
- The pack is ergonomically designed to give you the maximum comfort and ease of use.
- The shoulder straps and back support are padded so that you receive the best ventilation, and the weight is equally distributed.
- You also get an optional chest and waist belts to make it easier to carry the pack.
- The backpack is designed to carry a lot; there are all the needed pockets and compartments.
- The ONEPACK Backpack is made of nylon and polyester material so that it is tear-proof as well as waterproof.
- The pack is strong and durable and can carry a heavy load.
- The hanging facilities enable you to carry more gear.
- All in all, an excellent choice for short or long trips.
Mountaintop 75L Internal Frame Hiking Backpack
- With a capacity of 75 liters and an internal frame, this backpack is ideal for mountain climbing and camping.
- The hiking bag comes with a rain cover as well.
- You may choose from 3 attractive colors.
- Mountaintop has delivered excellent quality and reliability for the last three decades.
- These backpacks are outstanding, and they are a very popular choice for regular hikers.
- The packs are professionally designed to accommodate all your gear.
- With great capacity, the Mountaintop Backpack is highly comfortable and versatile.
- There are as many pockets and compartments as you can think of as necessary. You can thus keep all your gear organized and separated for great ease of use.
- The waterproof rain cover protects the entire rucksack from the rain.
- The water-resistant quality of the polyester material lets the backpack dry before the water can cause any harm.
- The Mountaintop Hiking Backpack comes with some unique points for tool attachment like D-shaped hooks, bottom straps for hanging sleeping bags, trekking poles, and tents.
- There are soft latching loops, key rings, and compression straps.
Coreal 70L Backpack
- This hiking backpack has a capacity of 70 liters, and is ideal for both men and women, for climbing trips, camping, hiking, and mountaineering.
- There is a choice of 6 beautiful colors.
- The fabric with which it is made is primarily nylon.
- It has a net weight of 2.8 pounds.
- The fabric is essentially water-resistant. It is advisable not to wash the pack in concentrated liquid detergents or bleach, or to iron the backpack.
- After every use, it is better to air dry it for maximum longevity.
- The nylon material is resistant to wear and tear.
- The Coreal Backpack is extremely lightweight, making it a popular choice among hikers.
- There are bottle holders and many pockets to help you organize your stuff.
- You can use the straps provided to tie up a sleeping bag, hammock, tent, and other necessities.
- The Travelers Backpack has a capacity of 65-liters and is the ultimate choice for long trips into the mountains and hiking.
- This backpack is a perfect choice for both male and female hikers.
- There are multiple convenient pockets for all your stuff and water bottles.
- A great feature is the accessibility of the main compartment from all sides of the backpack.
- The hiking backpack comes with adjustable hip, shoulder, chest, and torso straps.
Each of the above backpacks is a masterpiece by itself. You can go for anyone of those which are priced under $100. Go shopping, have fun, and pick up the right one for your needs.
Last update on 2021-07-30 at 23:46 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API