In today’s world, where kids are under constant stress due to school and related activities, a little time spent in the lap of nature is ideal. For that reason, it is very common nowadays for kids to go hiking—be it with their parents, friends, or on a school trip.
Moreover, hiking cannot be done without a very key item—the backpack. Every kid who wants to hike needs one. However, buying a rucksack for youngsters requires much thought before your money is invested. With a lot of options available online, it can be confusing.
Therefore, we will look at some of the best backpacks available for kids on the market, and evaluate how good or bad they are, so that you can form an opinion before opening your wallet.
HABA Terra Hiking Backpack for Kids
HABA specializes in products for children and toddlers. They have been making a variety of products, from toys to baby beds.
Now they have brought out their hiking backpack, which is available only in one color.
However, truth be told, it looks very cool. HABA knows what little kids like, but here they have also targeted teens, bringing out this backpack for ages 6-15 years.
- It weighs 1.8 pounds, and so you know it is not for very little.
- It has inner and outer pockets.
- It contains a snap link of aluminum.
- Its capacity is 15L, and the material used to manufacture this knapsack is polyester.
Take a look at the video below to learn more about this awesome HABA Terra Kids Backpack:
HABA has been making products like these for quite some time, and therefore this can be trusted. The rainproof cover is a great added feature.
The material is great and durable but could do with some set-up for a hydration bladder.
A good buy for smaller kids, but not necessarily teens who are looking to become serious hikers.
Mountaintop Kid’s Backpack
Mountaintop makes this 12L backpack, especially for children.
Available in 16 exciting colors, this backpack has numerous features which are ideal for not only hiking, but also for traveling, cycling, climbing, school, and other day-to-day use.
- It is water-resistant.
- It has comfortable, adjustable, padded and breathable S-shape shoulder straps.
- The capacity of the backpack is 12L.
- Weighs only 0.8 pounds.
- It is made with high-quality polyester, which protects it from getting torn.
- It has a YKK zipper and buckle.
The polyester fabric which it is made from is amazingly strong, and hence, makes the backpack very durable. The Mountaintop pack is very appropriate for daily use. Since it is very light, it also protects from the strain.
The Mountaintop 12L backpack is ideal for kids between the ages of 4-10 years old. It is a good product overall.
Deuter Unisex Kikki One Size Backpack
This product from Deuter is available in 3 colors, all quite bright and attractive to children.
The backpack targets little customers between the ages of 1 to 5 years.
- It is made from 600D polyester (Bluesign® approved fabric).
- It is tear-resistant.
- It weighs 0.7 pounds and is 12 inches long.
- It has a roomy main compartment of 8L capacity.
- It has padded shoulder straps along with sternum strap.
- Side cargo pockets for water bottles.
Apart from the height and small space, the Deuter Kikki hiking pack is the perfect item for the adventurous tyke.
The length is fine, and the padded back as well as shoulders, help prevent strain.
Almost every customer has found the product perfect for their kids and has recommended this backpack to others.