Choosing the right backpack for yourself can be a challenging job due to the sheer number of available brands, models, and sizes. You cannot afford to make a mistake here; the success of your hiking trip depends on the hiking bag you will be carrying on your shoulder. So, take your time and go through all the details before making your purchase.
Before going into a comparative review of some of the best hiking backpacks for women, let’s look at some of the essential features you should look for in the next knapsack that you buy.
The size and adjustability aspects need to be foremost in your mind while looking at your options. The material with which the pack is made, the durability, and the weight are also very important aspects to consider. There are backpacks available in various styles and designs; there are specific models for different hiking distances, or different circumstances, such as overnight camping.
If your priority is to go for a leisure walk, and not speed up or worry about the distance covered, you might want to consider a backpack with a frame. On the other hand, if you are a serious backpacker, then the weight of the rucksack is an important issue. The capacity of the pack depends on what all you are planning to carry in it.
Osprey Women’s Aura 50 AG Backpacks
Sold on Amazon.com, this stunner is available in two colors: silver streak and rainforest green. The Aura 50 AG Backpack is available in three convenient sizes: x-small, small and medium.
- The Osprey Aura AG 50 backpack features an adjustable harness.
- It also has compression straps conveniently attached.
- The floating top lid is removable.
- There is a separate compartment for carrying a sleeping bag.
- Fit-on fly-hip belt.
- Slow-on-the-go trekking pole attachment tool added.
- The manufacturers of the Osprey Aura AG 50 offer to repair any damage or any other defect that may have occurred for any reason, free of cost. The backpack does not need to have been purchased recently—you will get the same service even for a knapsack that was bought 10 years ago. The promise further extends to the replacement of the product if it cannot be repaired to your satisfaction.
- The backpack has an anti-gravity suspension feature, which is so brilliant since that allows you to carry up 40 pounds of weight, effortlessly. This unique anti-gravity suspension system provides a seamless back panel that is made up of very lightweight mesh, which stretches from the top of the back panel up to the hip belt.
- The backpack fits snugly on the hips, and there is very minimal movement so that you can move about freely with it on your back. If you want to make adjustments while on the move, then you can use the hip belt that can be adjusted.
- There are two ways to open the pack—through the top opening, or through a front panel that has a zipper. You can remove the top lid and move without it. However, in that case, you need to use the flap jacket that is inbuilt, to protect the pack from wet weather.
- There are easy ways to carry trekking poles, which may be released very easily as well.
- You can take the pack whether you are on an overnight outing, or going to be on the roads for extended periods of time.
- The hip belt pockets are rather tight, and the waistband is attached to the rear panel. Otherwise, the Osprey Aura AG 50 backpack is superb and is in high demand, with much positive customer feedback.
North Face Women’s Terra 55 Backpack
This gorgeous looking knapsack can easily steal the show when it comes to looks and style. It is available in two colors: Dapple grey/Fuchsia pink, and Patriot blue/Persian jewel. The North Face Terra 55 backpack is available in medium and large sizes only.
- The North Face Terra 55 backpack is specifically designed for women trekkers.
- The product is very lightweight and comfortable.
- It offers ample space to pack whatever you need for an extended hike or trip.
- The backpack fits well, owing to the OPTIFIT suspension technology.
- The ventilation system is very improved so that the hiker will never get sweaty and uncomfortable from the backpack.
- The North Face backpack is sleek and smart, making it an instant hit among female travelers.
- The backpack has one little problem in that the tight stitching does not allow proper packing.
Coreal Hiking Foldable Backpack
Available through Amazon.com, this unbelievably sturdy and hassle-free backpack is available in 8 different colors: black, blue, green, lake blue, light green, orange, pink and purple. The foldable feature of this pack is attractive, as it can be made into a size as minuscule as a small carry bag.
The Coreal backpack is a champion on all counts:
- It is lightweight.
- 35L capacity, it can store a good volume and is travel-friendly.
- There is a drawstring lock for the top-loading pouch; the drawstring allows you to pack more gear when needed.
- There is a fabric divider inside and many more features for the best organization.
- The double-sided pouch that is cleverly attached to the top of the pack allows you to pack smaller things like a mobile phone, digital camera, sunglass, emergency medicines if any so that they are readily accessible.
- The pouch on the inside can be used for things that need more safety and security, like cash and credit cards.
- The straps of the Coreal hiking backpack are all padded to facilitate carrying it for long distances.
- None noted.
All three products are equally good—spacious, lightweight, stylish, and comfortable to carry. Picking the best product out of any these is difficult. However, the Osprey Women’s Aura has a slight edge in durability and quality over the other two.
So, now it is time to go shopping. Try to keep your objectives and requirements in mind while making a choice for the most suitable backpack for your needs and purposes.