There are many features that users check before buying a backpack like the size, compartments, fabric, and straps. None of these features will matter if the pack belongs to a cheap brand that isn’t known for making durable and reliable products. The hiking backpack is one of the most important items while you’re off on a trip. You can certainly not risk getting stuck with a low-quality backpack that breaks in between or just tears apart due to the extra load.
Below are a few of the best brands for hiking backpacks that are trusted by a good deal of customers:
The company was founded in 1977 by Wayne Gregory and is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Gregory brand is known for making reliable, robust, and high-quality backpacks that are fit for long distances.
Gregory uses the most cutting-edge technology to make reliable packs with plenty of neat features. One thing that is guaranteed best in their backpacks is the material that they use.
On top of that, Gregory’s bags are comfortable. However, the only downside is the high price attached to their products, because of it being a high-end brand.
Here is one of the backpacks in the Gregory line:
Gregory DENALI 75L Backpack:
- As the names imply, it has a 75 liters capacity.
- It is best suited for short mountaineering and backpacking trips.
- It is made of high-quality material with double-layered, padded panel bottom for durability.
- The Fusion Flex Pro suspension with auto-canting harnesses independently rotates for a custom fit.
- Sturdily built with an integrated framesheet for more support, and removable twin aluminum stays.
The Arc’Teryx company was founded in 1989. It manufactures a wide range of innovative products.
Their latest Bora series is a breakthrough in the way backpacks are designed and are incredibly put.
They have a new rotating hip belt (RotoGlide), which allows the hips to move freely from the pack weight, minimizing the friction with them. This feature is especially useful for women as their hips tend to move more than that of men.
Some of the Arc’teryxs’ small bags are specified for just one task and, therefore, cannot be used for other purposes.
Here is an overview of the neat features of the Award-Winning Bora AR 50 Backpack:
Arc’teryx Men’s Bora AR 50 Backpack:
- The Bora AR Backpack has a capacity of 53L.
- It is ideal for a long weekend in the backcountry.
- The GridLock shoulder strap design adjusts both in height and width for a precision fit.
- The RotoGlide hip belt is a new feature that allows the backpack to adjust to your body movement.
- Weatherproof high-quality nylon fabrics are keeping your belongings safe and dry in adverse conditions.
The Osprey company has been around since 1974. And it is a good brand, but sometimes they face a mismatch between features and simplicity. Other than that, they have a lot of different sizes available for their backpacks.
A distinctive feature is that all Osprey backpacks are 20 percent lighter than that of competitors.
Osprey’s Aura and Hikelite series of backpacks are well known and give great comfort to the user.
So, here are some of the features of the Hikelite daypack:
Osprey Hikelite 26 Backpack:
- It has a capacity of 26 Liters and weighs in at 26 oz.
- The Hikelite is best suited for day hikes and everyday use.
- The AirSpeed Suspension back panel prevents you from hoisting a sweaty backpack onto your back.
- Integrated rain cover keeps your essentials dry in inclement weather.
- It offers adjustable shoulder straps, a webbing hip belt, and a whistle to ensure a comfortable and safe hike!
Black Diamond is another renowned brand founded in 1957. The company specializes in backpacks for climbing and skiing. Thus, their backpacks are basically smaller ones that may not be fit for long hikes.
Their Backpacks from the Speed series are the most popular ones in their range of small packs.
- It comes in two sizes: 38L and 40L.
- Speed 40 is the ideal backpack for alpine climbing and mountaineering.
- A strippable design is enabling you to remove the framesheet, the padded hip belt, and the top lid to lighten your load.
- An Active Suspension system lets the pack move with you to avoid your stuff to shift inside the bag, which prevents you from tipping over.
- External attachment straps for crampons and ice-tool PickPockets keep your gears secure.
Black Diamond Speed 40 Backpack:
Watch the video below to learn more about the Speed Series Packs:
Teton Sports is a high-end as well as a trusted brand by outdoor enthusiasts. The company is based in Cedar Hills, Utah, since 2005 with a showroom and warehouse in Salt Lake City.
They make very much affordable backpacks that anyone can easily buy.
Their backpacks are well-built, sturdy, and usually based on old designs. Their main aim is to provide functionality rather than style.
Take a look at my top recommended backpack below:
TETON Sports Explorer 4000 Backpack:
- The Explorer 4000 has a capacity of 65L.
- Perfect backpack for backpacking and camping adventures.
- Sleeping bag compartment.
- The padded shoulder straps, hip belt, as well as torso length, are fully adjustable to fit a wide range of body sizes.
- Multiple compartments and pockets to keep your gears well organized.
The Deuter company, founded in 1898 by Hans Deuter, is synonymous with German innovation and is famous for making durable backpacks.
The feature of ventilated backing, where the airflow is directed through a gap between the back and bag, was initially perfected by Deuter. That made it far more accessible for people to hike because there was no issue of sweating of any sort.
Here is one of their latest backpacks on the market:
Deuter Futura Vario 50 + 10 Hiking Backpack:
- The pack has a capacity of 50L and features an expandable collar adding an extra 10L.
- The Futura Vario backpack is an ideal companion for weekend treks and getaways.
- It features an Aircomfort Sensic Pro back system to prevent you from sweaty back syndrome.
- The VariFlex and VariSlide Systems make the Deuter Futura Vario pack fully adjustable for a comfortable as well as a perfect fit to every back and hips size.
- Sleeping bag compartment.
Some brands are expensive and cater to the most affluent hikers, their products are all of excellent quality and pay more attention to the style as well so that users get a good return for the price they pay.
Some brands guarantee all features, but the price is kept low so that regular classes can also afford it.
Based on the user’s preferences, they can decide amongst brands and choose the best hiking backpack suited to their needs.
12 thoughts on “What Is the Best Brand for Hiking Backpack?”
A big thanks to you sharing this amazing piece about the best brand for a hiking backpack. This post is indeed really going to be useful and helpful.
Anyways for me, I love the Deuter Futura Vario 50 + 10 hiking backpack. I love the fact that it has many great features. I especially like the sleeping bag compartment as it is a useful one to have when going for multi-day hikes in the wilderness.
Indeed, the Deuter Futura Vario backpack is loaded with loads of cool as functional features. Personally, the features that I the most are the VariFlex and VariSlide systems, which allows the pack to follow your body movement, making carrying it more comfortable on long hikes.
I am glad that you found this post helpful.
So thoughtful of you to put up such an amazing post on the best brand for hiking backpack… I had actually thought of going hiking on before D ravaging pandemic broke out…
My favorite back from your is post is the Gregory Denali 75L backpack. It seems that this Gregory pack is ideal for going hiking a few days. I will certainly consider the Denali backpack as I get ready for my next hiking excursion.
Thanks for sharing… have a nice day.
The Denali backpack is the perfect choice for backpacking. The feature that I like the most about this Gregory backpack is the Fusion Flex Pro suspension system since it enables the pack to move with you.
As a result, your hiking gears inside the bag don’t get shifted around, making the hiking backpack unbalanced and causing you to lose balance and fall. Because at 75 liters capacity, you can load a lot of gear, up to 70 pounds in fact, so the last thing you want while on the hiking trail is to fall because of your backpack!
Thanks for stopping by.
Thanks for sharing this fascinating post on the best hiking backpacks’ brands. Your thoughts are indeed valuable.
I love going hiking, its one thing I love to do the most. And if you’re a hardcore hiker, you’ll know that the most important thing for us is our backpack.
As our backpack gets beaten a lot by the harsh outdoor conditions, and yes, the hikers, it comes a time where they need to be replaced. So, I am glad that I found your post about these high-end backpack brands.
Which backpack would you recommend that I purchase as I am an avid hiker who enjoys going on 2-3 day hikes?
If you are looking for an affordable, high-quality backpack, then you should go with my top recommendation, which is the Teton Sports Explorer 4000 backpack. As you will see, the pack is well-built and ideal for short hikes (2-3 days), plus it is comfortably priced.
Hopes that helps, if you have more questions, leave them below, and I will do my best to assist you.
Thanks for sharing this post about the best brand for a hiking backpack. I think that is going to be beneficial for all of us who enjoy outdoor activities.
I do have a question. Can I order these hiking backpack products online, and what is the process?
I have bookmarked your post for future reference.
As for your question, yes, you can order the backpacks mentioned in my post online.
Furthermore, you can buy any of the backpacks mentioned throughout my website, Best Trail Backpacks online. All you have to do is to click on one of the links provided on the site, and it will take you to either Amazon, Backcountry, Moosejaw, or REi-Co-OP to purchase the backpack in question.
Wow! This hiking backpack collection is awesome. I do not even know which one to go for! All of them offered very wonderful features.
I really admire and kind of feel quite comfortable with the Arc’teryx men’s Bora AR 50 backpack because of the RotoGlide hip belt feature that allows the pack to adjust to your body movement.
Please, does the Bora AR 50 backpack has any mobile phone gadgets like USB or auxiliary ports where one could easily use a smartphone?
Excellent choice of a backpack! With the Arc’teryx Bora AR 50, you can’t go wrong. The bag will last you for many years to come!
Well, unfortunately, the Bora AR 50 backpack doesn’t come with built-in USB ports for charging any electronic devices, such as a cell phone! You will have to bring your chargers and hope that where you are going, there is electricity to plug your devices and recharge them!
Thanks for your question, if you need more information, please feel free to drop me a line below, I will get back to you promptly.
This post about the best brand of hiking backpack was an interesting and well-written article. You’ve most certainly done a lot of work on this.
I never knew there were so many hiking backpack brands before I read your article.
I liked that you covered a wide range of backpacks as buyers have different needs.
The links with more information were handy.
There a plethora of hiking backpacks brands nowadays on the market, but only a handful are deemed to be high-end brands.
Nonetheless, even within these top tiers brands, you could find high-quality hiking bags such as the Teton Sports Explorer backpacks for a reasonable price.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.